i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Friday, October 17, 2008

New.

In a month's time I found an apartment and a job in NYC.

The apartment was through a friend of a friend of a friend.

The job was through a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend.

Tomorrow I'm chucking my cat into a borrowed SUV along with my clothes and papers, and we're moving in to our new martini palace.

My roommate also has a cat. Her cat and mine are both black, excepting hers is a little bit white, like a slave at Monticello.

I'm glad my cat will get to know her people a little better.

1 comment:

derora noo said...

I mean, "Like an enslaved person at Monticello."