i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Friday, November 14, 2008

Validation is delicious and encouraging.

Did I tell you? I don't think I did. Did I? No, I don't think so. It happened while I was moving, while I was staying at that place that was in between the place I left and this new place in which I find myself so incredibly happy and calm.

Sometime back in September, before the deadline, my latest play was nominated for the Susan Smith Blackburn prize. It is utterly ridiculous to even hope my play might be a finalist, something which would make it oh-so-easier to get an agent, but it's pretty darn awesome to be nominated.

Meant to tell you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad. Ass.
Saw you join the stupid thread southward -- har.
xo
Barky

derora noo said...

"Stupid thread" indeed.