i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Getting it together.

Slowly but surely.

I wish I had planned this whole Christmas thing a little better, but I just couldn't manage it. Mailed my gifts late. Must buy groceries. Must do laundry. Must clean new apartment.

Figured out if I turn off the radiator, it won't keep me up at night with the clangy-clangs. Today I dragged out the giant broken TV the previous tenant thoughtfully left behind. Gave the super a bottle of Patron, so maybe now he'll call the plumber about the giant leak in my kitchen. Gonna get those white plastic ties to snap onto my broken laundry cart rolly thing to try and fix it. Wanna hang some pictures. Need to go to Target for a pick-me-up but oh yeah, it's Christmas Eve and I'm at work.

The honeymoon's over. I was on a contact-high for two months after moving here. Time for reality.

In other news, I'm gonna do a minute of stand-up on Feb. 12.

No comments: