i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Meltdown Monday.

Lost my shit yesterday.

Big picture still good.

These stupid tiny things that make NYC living a challenge got to me. Between the gaping hole and running leak in my new kitchen ceiling, to the movers costing an extra hour on Saturday, and a ton of other little things that are costing me money or time I don't have, I just lost my shit when my boss told me he wasn't sure I would get paid for five days of work this week. Maybe only two days.

Have I mentioned I'm paying double rent in Jan/Feb because I moved out in a jiffy from the place where my massage table was stolen?

It'll all work out and 2009 is gonna be great, but right now all I want to do is sleep and ignore my problems.

2 comments:

unrequited said...

jeez. the disappointment of Clinton...this roommate from a strange land...sleeping on the floor...$$$ woes.

2009 will start on a bight note...i can feel it.

:)

derora noo said...

Thanks. The big picture is great. Just really tired.

And I'm in the office right now, so my boss can justify paying me my holiday pay. It's a ghost town. Maybe I'll go down onto the SNL set and practice my stand-up routine I'll be doing in February.