i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tweetables

  1. My boss (who is looking very young Robert Redford today) and I (who am in my white Nanuk of the North coat) were over at Dean & Deluca and two NBC PAs came over to ask us if we wanted to be on The Today Show and maybe win $100. I was like, "Sorry, we work for the peacock."
  2. My Nanuk-of-the-North getup seemed to act like a force field around me on the subway. No one jostled me at all.
  3. I have taken to wearing my enormous sunglasses on the subway. Instant privacy.
  4. There's pee leaking from the ceiling in my kitchen. What is it about me and NYC kitchens?
  5. I have not had anything stolen from me lately.
  6. My boss and I made a pact to not eat sweets for the next 10 days. This is huge, as we have been getting yumminess in the morning and again in the afternoon.
  7. Last night I was the token female at a department dinner of 16 database architects. I had three beers and lots of meat on sticks.

No comments: