- My boss (who is looking very young Robert Redford today) and I (who am in my white Nanuk of the North coat) were over at Dean & Deluca and two NBC PAs came over to ask us if we wanted to be on The Today Show and maybe win $100. I was like, "Sorry, we work for the peacock."
- My Nanuk-of-the-North getup seemed to act like a force field around me on the subway. No one jostled me at all.
- I have taken to wearing my enormous sunglasses on the subway. Instant privacy.
- There's pee leaking from the ceiling in my kitchen. What is it about me and NYC kitchens?
- I have not had anything stolen from me lately.
- My boss and I made a pact to not eat sweets for the next 10 days. This is huge, as we have been getting yumminess in the morning and again in the afternoon.
- Last night I was the token female at a department dinner of 16 database architects. I had three beers and lots of meat on sticks.
i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)