i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

EVENT: Stand-up!

WHO: Me
WHAT: A comedy show with me doing a whole minute of stand-up for the first time ever.
WHEN: This Thursday, Feb. 12, 7:30pm
WHERE: Downstairs @ Comix in Ochi's Lounge, 14th Street @ 9th Ave. NYC
DOLLAZ: No cover, 1-drink minimum
WHY: Because whether I turn out to be funny in person under bright lights with a mic in my hand, or whether I go down in flames, it's sure to be entertaining.

4 comments:

Brash Lion said...

I can't BELIEVE I will be a MERE 15 hours away from actually BEING IN NYC and totally missing this event completely. VIDEOTAPE THAT SHIT!

derora noo said...

15 hours is nothing! Get your assterisk on a bus!

I sent you the FB invite even tho' I know you can't make it because you are one of the people who inspired me to try standup on.

And I believe there will indeed be video documentation.

(Christ on a bicycle.)

blueiris315 said...

I can't make it tomorrow, but I'm wishing you luck and broken legs!! Can't wait to see the video!

derora noo said...

Thanks!