i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Thursday, February 5, 2009

THURSDAY SLICE: On Coming Out.

I'm outing myself.

As of yet, there is no actual mention of my real name on this blog, and I'd like to keep it that way, please, commenters (all two of you). But tonight I linked this blog to my website and Facebook page, and above is my Twitter feed.

So there.

I'm out.

I hope you like the new layout. I pruned prior entries and tags, and added a whole mess o' links on the sidebar: news outlets, blogs, etc. (I did that mostly for my own convenience, but I hope you find them useful, too.)

I'm very excited to get back in the swing of regular posts. My goal is to write one longer post each week, and that will become the new THURSDAY SLICE.

BUT FIRST,

I have six 8.5x11 sheets of to-do lists that I need to power through. It's all the accumulated detritus from when I wrote those 10 plays the last few years, remember? I'm gunning to get things like all my press archives together, show pics, fresh play sample PDFs, etc. all on my newly designed website.

Because I have two script deadlines in the coming months.

And I'm doing stand-up for the first time next Thursday.

I'm very motivated to get these items crossed off my list, so that the only things I will need to do are work, see theater, play with friends, and make things.

It's all part of my master plan.

2 comments:

Chaz said...

Hey girlie girl. Good to see you back out here!

derora noo said...

Hey Charlie! Thanks! It feels great.