i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Monday, March 16, 2009

TWEETABLES: Twitter Haiku

So yesterday, in jest, I set aside my iPhone, Priscilla, to write. I left my fellow tweeple with this imperative:


Next time I tweet will be to say I've finished my play. In my absence, please compose no less than two haiku about fire and haberdashery.


Much to my surprise, several people took me seriously. Below are there poems.



@raum

springtime is here now.
oh noes, my clothes are on fire.
Haberdashery.



@dceiver (he also posted these as @huffpost)

Fire, fire, hats on fire
But no pants aflame today?
Bah, suck it liars.

One word haiku lines?
Look, just use my old standby:
Haberdashery.



@linthenerd

stuck feather in cap
called macaroni to some
red plumage flaming

spark started in snaps
ignited ribbons, zippers
buttons melt at last




And a late addition to the mix, slightly stretching the format:

@bryanhansel

haberdasher's ha-
berdashery--throwing ab-
undant twigs into
her fire

No comments: