i'm a white writer. in new york. original, no? i've been blogging since october 2002. this blog picks up in october 2008, when i moved from DC to NY...(and then I moved to Maine in 2012)

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So, the Other Day, I Got Some of This Free Money I've Been Hearing So Much About

Remember this? When I had to move out of my first NY apartment because my massage table was stolen, and I rented a van and a friend to move to the new place where the ceiling is now caving in?

Remember how I had to pay my pal with an American Express check because my NBC paychecks were not coming through week after week?

Remember how AmEx lowered my limit to $2K without telling me first even though I had never had a late payment in over 15 years, so that the check was declined because it would've been $24 whole dollars over?

Well, I simply vented here and haven't used the card since, because I pick my battles and my battles at the time were bigger than the declined check.

Well.

The other night, I received an apology from American Express, and a check for $160. Apologies are so much better when they involve money. I don't know if there was some sort of class action suit pending, or what, but American Express and I are now on speaking terms again.

I thought you should know.

I also thought you should know that sometimes really good, unexpected things can happen.

1 comment:

The Lighting Designer said...

I actually know someone who had to close their business because AM/EX just decided to do away with my friends business line of credit.

Yet we gave the banks how much money to prevent this very thing from happening?